Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children





First original novel by the talented fantasy writer Ransom Riggs.
One of New York Times #1 best seller for a mere 52 consecutive weeks.

At first I found this book very strange and I was really hesitant to read it since the cover is kind of eerie and the girl looks scary. The title of the book itself brought chills down my spine.

As I was reading through the chapters (and yes I personally own a copy of this book) I was hooked immediately and finished half of it before sleeping, wondering what would happen next.


What I liked about this book is how the author mixed and matched old and real photos, and it gave the book distinction, you'll never find any other book like it. If you think that imagining the characters is not enough, this is the book for you.


Below is a sneak preview and some pictures inside the book. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. 


Imagine a mysterious island, and an abandoned orphanage full of mysterious or odd things. As you go through the pages you'll discover that Miss Peregrine's children were more than just peculiar.. they may have been a little dangerous too (the children were quarantined on a deserted island for a good reason).


One of the many pictures (above) that you could see inside the book. You could sense the emotions just by looking at it.


Peculiar indeed, one of the characters in the book. It has two mouths, one in front and one at the back.


Why am I seeing a girl with two reflections, how peculiar? You'll see more of this and it will entice your imagination.

This is really an unforgettable novel which mixes fiction and photography which will thrill all readers, and I strongly recommend this to all ages.




The second book is out now which is called Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #2). I am pretty sure once you've read the first one you'll want to read the next.


Photo Source: here
Source: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children #1




Have you read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children? Comment and Share us your experience.



Did you like this article? Like us on Facebook to get updates: facebook.com/hobbiesandthings

No comments:

Post a Comment